Inevitably, you will be sabotaged by life. Once in a while you will be forced to choose from a seemingly impossible list of choices on the menu. No matter what you choose, you know it’s going to be all wrong. The following offers tractics to help make a bad situation better.
- Leave as much of the sauce in the dish and on your plate as possible.
- Remove high fat batter from fried fish, sausages, mushrooms etc.
- Leave pie crusts and pastry toppings.
- Cut the visible fat from meat eg bacon, beef, pork, lamb.
- Remove as much of the butter knobs as you can from your food before it melts, eg into jacket potatoes or vegetables.
- Order extra bread/rice/unbuttered potatoes to eat in preference to the high fat sauces which automatically come with your choice of main dish.
- Spoon the mayonnaise off or drain the dressing from salads.
- Eat high carbohydrate snacks from your snack pack later on to increase your overall CHO intake.
ONE BAD MEAL IS NOT A DISASTER!
COMPENSATE BY MAKING MORE SENSIBLE CHOICES LATER
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EAT EVERYTHING ON THE PLATE